Benefits of camphor: Camphor is a translucent white solid with a strong, pleasant scent similar to menthol. In India, it is also referred to as Kapur and is used in temples when people pray to God. The Cinnamomum camphora tree yields camphor, which is recognised to provide a number of health advantages. For centuries, many pain ointments and balms have contained this flammable, translucent solid.
It is generally known to possess anti-inflammatory and calming effects that can do wonders for both our health and appearance. This tiny component, which is utilised in religious ceremonies, also has a number of uses in the realm of beauty. To keep your skin and hair naturally healthy and beautiful without using any chemical-based treatments, camphor is a wonderful natural ingredient to include in your beauty regimen.
Camphor benefits for the hair
1. Dandruff can result in an itchy, flaky scalp and is notoriously difficult to treat. Camphor’s anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal characteristics can calm your scalp and get rid of dandruff.
2. Your hair and scalp can both be cleansed and disinfected with camphor. It can work its magic on your hair and scalp to eliminate all lice and clear your head if you’ve been suffering from head lice.
3. Camphor help can treat all issues, including hair loss, hair thinning, and receding hairlines, which are concerns that many individuals battle with. It can give you smooth, lustrous hair and improve the texture and quality of your hair.
Camphor benefits for the skin
1. Acne and pimples are very common, but camphor’s anti-fungal, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties can do wonders for your skin.
2. Due to its characteristics, it can be used to treat skin conditions and fungus infections. It can calm the skin and reduce itchiness and inflammation.
3. Camphor can soothe, moisturise and relieve your skin and treat cracked heels and provide relief. You can exfoliate dead skin cells and treat cracked heels by soaking your feet in a camphor and water solution.
Camphor benefits for health
1. Menthol and camphor oil can be used to relieve pain, particularly back discomfort. This mixture’s anti-inflammatory qualities also aid to reduce muscle tension.
2. Nerves may be calmed by camphor’s antispasmodic effects. It is thought that the calming effects of the aromatic vapours of camphor oil are enhanced by stress reduction.
3. Because it includes P-cymene, camphor oil may aid in calming the body and mind and promoting sleep.
4. Cold and cough are well treated with camphor. Camphor can be used to treat cough and congestion in a variety of ways, including inhalation, topical application, and steam vaporisation.
Risks and precautions
Keep products containing camphor out of the reach of children. An overdose can cause irritation in the eyes, on the skin, and in the mucous membranes. Therefore, use it sparingly and seek medical attention immediately if necessary.
(Disclaimer: The article is based on general information and does not substitute for an expert’s opinion. Zee News does not confirm this.)